Saturday, February 26, 2011

A great werewolf book: "Raised by Wolves"

Following the paranormal genre, I wanted to talk to you about a very good book I read last month: Raised by Wolves by Jennifer Lynn Barnes.
Even though it is a werewolf book it manages to escape certain stereotypes and surprise the reader. Its main character, Bryn, is a human girl who was in fact "raised by wolves". Living amidst a werewolf pack after being attacked by a rabid werewolf when she was a small kid, Bryn learnt everything about living with wolves... That is untill Chase appears in her life.

There is some romance in this book but it is not the "mushy" kind of romance we typically find in many YA novels, it is very down to Earth and almost "wolflike". It is not what the reader tends to expect but fullfils expectations non the less.
I personally enjoyed very much the way in which the author describes wolf pack interactions, she obviously did her homework on the matter really well! She applies real wolf ethologhy traits almost to the werewolf packs in the novel and thus manages to make them completely believable. Completely superb!

Another plus I found on the book? Are you still not convinced? Well, let me tell you something else I liked... There is a book two!
I love yet hate finnishing a good book. It leaves me with a bitter-sweet taste, yet if I liked the book and know there is a sequel I feel relieved! Sometimes I just want more! I want to keep on reading about the characters... And in this case there is a book two, yey!

I have not read it yet, but it is waiting for me to read it...

2 comments:

  1. Hey X,
    Nice post, makes me want to read it. When you finish book two let me know.
    See ya,
    Dana
    Readaholics Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have read this. I found it quiet slow but it was a good read eventually and looking forward to the next one

    ReplyDelete