Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Hush Money


I just finished reading this book over the weekend and couldn't wait to write a tiny review about it.
It is a book in the young adult genre that manages to make a quite paranormal story completely believable! Some teens have special abilities called "talents", those make them different from other people but they also make them almost outlaws. A government agency looks for talents to lock them up and be able to control their abilities.
The story is sort of in the lines of X-men, so if you like them you will probably enjoy this story too! It is nicely written, with an alternating point of view that reminds me of the technique used in "Shiver" which proves to be vaery effective in this story too.
The title itself did not attract me at the beginning, but I'm very happy I got to read it anyway. It was a delightful read. And you know what else? The kindle version is truly inexpensive!
I finished this book wanting to know more about these talents, I will certainly read something else by this author!

No comments:

Post a Comment